NAME : Dr. K. PUTTASWAMAIAH
PLACE AND DATE OF BIRTH : KONDAJJI, TURUVEKERE TALUK,
KARNATAKA STATE, INDIA
OCTOBER 15, 1933.
ADDRESS : Dr. K. PUTTASWAMAIH
INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF APPLIED
ECONOMICS AND ECONOMETRICS,
“VIJAYA SIMHA”, 158, 6Th CROSS,
BEHIND BHEL TOWNSHIP
VIJAYANAGAR II STAGE,
BANGALORE – 560 040, INDIA.
TELEPHONE : ++91-080-23398856
FAX : ++91-080-23398791
EMAIL : firstname.lastname@example.org
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION :
1) B.A. (Hons) in Economics, Mysore University, 1951-1954
Subject Scholarship was awarded in Honors and Passed in 1954 in
Distinction with the following awards:
i. First Class and First Rank.
ii. Balamani Gold Medal for specialization in Principles of Economics, Money, Credit and Prices.
iii. N.S. Subba Rao Cash Prize for Distinction.
2) M.A. in Economics, First Class, Mysore University, 1955. Yelandur
Jahangir Merit Scholar and it is also called as “Devan Poornaiah
Endowment Merit Scholarship Award.”
3) Post Graduate Diploma in Commerce, Mysore University, 1955.
4) Ph.D. in Economics, Mysore University. Thesis approved and Notification
of the University Awarding the Degree issued in 1963 and Awarded in the
Convocation in 1964. Title : UNEMPLOYMENT IN INDIA – POLICY FOR MANPOWER” (published by Oxford IBH, New Delhi).
5) The Ad Honorem Doctorate Degree In Economic Science (D.Sc.) was conferred upon Dr. K.Puttaswamaiah “for his eximius Contributions to
Economic Science and his Distinguished career as Applied Economist,” on 31st May 2001 by the “INTERNATIONAL INSTITUTE OF ADVANCED
ECONOMICS AND SOCIAL STUDIES”,Italy, at the RoskildayUniversity,Denmark.
6) The 'Honorary Causa' Degree of Doctor of Literature (D.Litt) was conferred on Dr. K. Puttaswamaiah at the annual Convocation of Tumkur University on November 5, 2012 at the Glass House in Raj Bhavan, Bangalore.
1) Fellow of the United Nations Institute for Economic Development,Bangkok, Thailand, 1971 (International Distinction Certificate presented
while Awarding Certificate of UN Fellowship). In addition to his assigned work including work on Seminars, during spare time, a manuscript for his
book: “INDICATORS FOR DEVELOPMENT” was prepared and was later published by the Government of Karnataka, India, which was well –
utilized by the Indian Planning Commission for demarcating backward and forward areas in Development in Karnataka and other Indian States. 2) Award by British Council to work in IDS, Sussex University (1983) which
helped to bring out a book on “POVERTY AND RURAL DEVELOPMENT” (Edited), published by Oxford & IBH Publishing Co., in India and co-published by IT Publishers in UK in 1989 simultaneously with Foreword by Michael Lipton.
3) The University of Mysore in India presented an Award for his book:“UNEMPLOYMENT IN INDIA” written originally in the local language KANNADA. The Kannada equivalents used in the book for the English technical words in Economics have been appreciated and are now in usage.
4) The Golden Jubilee Rajyothsava Award was presented by the by the Government of Karnataka, India, presented on November 1st 2006 at
Bangalore, India to Dr. K. Puttaswamaiah. It is said in the Award,“interalia” that: “The State has great pleasure and honour in presenting the State Government’s Suvarna Rajyothsava State Award for his incomparable contributions to the State’s Economic Development and the unique services rendered”.