1. He became a Life Member of the Indian Economic Association from 1954 as a
student of B.A. (Hons.)
2. Worked as Founder Member of the “Institute for Social and Economic Change”,Banglaore from 1970’s. He was one of the first four Founder Members with Prof. V.K.R.V.Rao, and participated in establishing the Institute which is now an Institute of International recognition.
3. Worked as Member of the Committee constituted by the Ministry of Rural Development, Government of India to formulate schemes for alleviating poverty in India and drawing-up guidelines for implementing those schemes.
4. Worked as Member of the Committee to advise Formulation of Projects and Appraisals in the “Project Formulation Division” in the Ministry of Agriculture
and Rural Development, Government of India from 1975 to 1984.
5. Worked as Member of the Evaluation Advisory Committee Constituted by the
Indian Planning Commission, New Delhi. Each Evaluation Study taken up by the Planning Commission had an Advisory Committee. Worked in about 25 such Committees during 1970’s and 1980’s.
6. Worked as Member, Golden Jubilee Committee of the Indian Economic
Association from 1966 to 1968 and as Member, Executive Committee, All India
Economic Association from 1968 to 1971.
7. Worked as a Member of the Steering Committee constituted by the Planning
Commission for conducting the Techno-Economic Study on the Western Ghats
Region by the Administrative Staff College of India, Hyderabad and the Town
and Country Planning Organisation, New Delhi.
8. Participated in the programme relating to ‘Evolving Training Programmes to the Agricultural Officers” organized by the Central PPM Cell, Ministry of
Agriculture, Govt. of India held at New Delhi, India, 1975 to 1984.
9. The Administrative Staff College of India, Hyderabad, with the assistance of the Bangalore Regional Office have completed four SFDA Evaluation Studies in the Districts of Mysore, Hassan, North Kanara and Tumkur. These were sponsored by the concerned agencies. The overall guidance was provided in the conduct of these studies. The summaries of the projects were also prepared and published. 10. Participated in a number of National Seminars/Working Groups on DPAP and IRDP and other developmental programs in India and was involved in the
formulation of guidelines.
11. Worked as Economist member on the committee constituted by Governmentof Mysore to prepare the report on ‘Utilisation pattern of Educated personnel’ - the report was prepared in 1968 and published in 1969.
12. Worked as member on the committee constituted to prepare a report on Backward areas in Mysore after the Pande Committee Report was released
13. Worked as Member of the Task Force constituted by Government to prepare
paper on “Approach to Evaluation in Mysore during fifth plan” and prepared
14. Member of the Karnataka State Planning Board, Government of Karnataka,
India, 2003 to 2005.
15. Worked as member on the Editorial Board of the Half Yearly Bulletin of the Directorate of Evaluation and Manpower, A Technical Journal and chief vehicle of expression of the Directorate, for three years prior to May 1973.
16. Worked as member of the Inter –Institutional Group of the I.D.B.I. for over a decade.
17. He is a member of the Editorial Board of the Journal, “ SAVINGS AND DEVELOPMENT, published by the University of Milano, Italy. He has been a member for the past over a decade. 18. He is a member of Editorial Board, of the Journal “THE JOURNAL OF ECONOMIC ASYMMETRIES”, published by the Athenian policy Forum Inc.,
Toronto, Canada since inception of the Journal.
SOME PROFILES PUBLISHED ON DR. K. PUTTASWAMAIAH (list not exhaustive)
1. “ K. Puttaswamaiah, a distinguished economist, “Welfare Economist”, Oct.
2. “Dr K. Puttaswamaiah, the week’s personality” (Varada Vyakti), by H.S.K. Sudha, February 10, 1980, published to co-in-side the release of the book “Economic Development of Karnataka –A Treatise in continuity and change”
3. “Viswayojane Gallada Baragala Peedita Sashwata Maddu” – an interview by Prajamata, March 15,1980.
4. “The Prolific Writer of Books” in Karnataka, Vipra Vybhava, February 1989, pages 400 to 401.
5. “ Profile” Published in “Reference Asia” Vol, V”, December 1989, Pages 65-
6. “An Indian Economist’s International Memorium for John Hicks” by
P.R.Brahamananda, Editor, Indian Economic Journal, Vo1.47 April –June
1999-2000, No.4 page 124. Prof . Brahamananda, who was the Editor of Indian Economic Journal, an organ of the Indian Economic Association for more than four decades has presented in his article mentioned above Dr. K. Puttaswamaiah, as a distinguished economist of India. He has tried to mention some of his works, but, mainly concentrated on Puttaswamaiah’s book “SIR JOHN HICKS HIS LIFE AND CONTRIBUTIONS”. This write-up will be reproduced later when the said book is discussed.